Posted on behalf of Iron Horse
7 men chose to join the fun at SPEARHEAD, ensuring they would not make the midnight ball drop this evening….so we took a stroll around the Carmel Middle School Times Square instead .
Stroll down to the football field for COP (Rucks off):
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- Mt Climber x 15 IC
- LBC x 15 IC
Rucks ON and New’s Years Hats distributed.
Line up at the 50 yard Times Square for broken 8 count burpees as follows:
- 15 Low Slow Squats – then run 50 yds to next cone.
- 15 Groiners – then run 50 yds to next cone.
- 15 Plank Jacks – then run 50 yds to next cone.
- 15 Push-ups – then run 50 yds back to starting cone
- 15 Jump Squats
Rinse and Repeat with 10 Reps.
Rinse and Repeat with 5 Reps.
As someone in the PAX correctly pointed out that we should limit our running under weight, we changed theme.
Partner Up – size doesn’t matter.
Hooters passed out (no, the ones that play music….no, the ones you put in your…..ok, forget it).
Around the Square:
- P1: begins squats while P2 bear crawls to cone 25 yds out.
- Once P2 arrives at cone he calls out SET, and begins squatting while P1 bear crawls to join him.
- Continue this way around Square in 25 meter increments (200 meters total).
SPEARHEAD REST = Dolly’s in cadence while pressing ruck + 15 curls.
Back to start:
- Same cycle as above with Push-ups and Lunge Walks (in 25 meter increments for total of 200 meters).
SPEARHEAD REST = Flutters in cadence while pressing ruck + 15 overhead presses.
Back to start:
- Same cycle as above with Backwards Bear crawls and Rolling Push-ups
- [audible called as both the Backward Bear crawls and the Rolling Push-ups did not illicit the New Year’s spirit: stopped at 100 meters total]
SPEARHEAD REST = Louganis with Ruck + 15 Squatting O/H Presses.
Cool Down: 15 x CDD OYO.
- It was a pleasure to return to the SPEARHEAD playground after misplacing (?) my Ruck the past 8 weeks.
- YHC tried to add a flavor of the GRC Welcome Party (= tedious and unpleasant) to the morning’s fun.
- Good work by everyone – nice way to close out the year.
- New Year’s Day convergence at #F3DeathValley, S Charlotte Middle School: 0700
- Saturday convergence in Fort Mill for the Joe Davis 5K…0700 for F3 workout, 0800 2ndF, 0900 5K. Sign-up is still open.
- SPEARHEAD BREW Ruck on 1/11/2014. Sign up at www.SPEARHEADf3.com . There is a patch for this event!
- Plethora of other SPEARHEAD and GoRuck-related activities in the next months – which you can read in your 10 daily emails.